I suggest you ...

Tell people what a hidden link is and how to find it.

You list my site as having hidden links. I don't know what a hidden link is, but now I want to know in case there is an issue.

I'm pretty sure it is harmless as I filter any included HTML to remove all scripts and iframes, and only obtain third party content from reputable sources.

I have a clean bill of health from Google.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • CzarinaOz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You make it sound easy, problem is they are HIDDEN - . My computer has been scanned with everything and shows no virus or malware - yet, after site is uploaded to cPanel and put online, the source shows hundreds of urls that are hidden from Dreanweaver and the cPanel HTML editors. I have no where to begin looking for the virus.. is it in cPanel?

• AdminDenis (Admin, Unmask Parasites) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Hidden link" is a link that is not visible when you open a web pages. It can be legitimate (it's your design choice) or illicit (injected by hackers). As a webmaster, only you can reliably tell legitimate links from those that don't belong to your sites.

If you see alien hidden links in Unmask Parasites reports, you should scan your server for the place where they are injected (you should know your site structure better than anyone else) and find out how they had been injected in the first place.

You also might want to read my blog posts about hacker attacks that inject spammy hidden links: http://blog.unmaskparasites.com/tag/hidden-links/

Feedback and Knowledge Base